This is an excerpt from How to Have the Confidence and Faith to Live Your Adventure due to be released on Amazon February 15th, 2016 and available for pre-order.
“Confidence is the key to success” is a common quote, but do you know why self-confidence is the key to success? Here are the top six reasons why:
- Confident people expect to succeed. Self-confident people don’t spend time wondering and asking themselves if they are going to be successful. The only factor they don’t know for sure is when. Self-confident people know that success is inevitable. Knowing you’re on your way toward success leads you to success.
- Confident people take risks. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Success happens outside a person’s comfort zones. Playing it safe and steady does not lead to big opportunities or big breaks. Taking risks and venturing into the unknown leads to opportunities and rewards. To take risks, you need self-confidence and faith.
- Confident people face their fears. To pursue your dreams, passions, and ambitions you must face your fears and self-doubt. If you can’t face your fears, you’ll freeze and become immobilized. You won’t reach your goals and fulfill your calling that way. Confidence in yourself and faith in the Lord give you the courage to face your fears and the comfort that no matter the outcome, you will be okay.
- Confident people are persistent. The road to success is rough, bumpy, tough, and hard. The odds of encountering setbacks (small and big) are very high. Those who ultimately make it are the self-confident ones who know how to pick themselves back up, regroup, and try again. Self-confident people never quit; they find ways to persevere.
- Confident people are positive. Having a negative attitude, negative thinking, and a negative self-image all lead down a road of more negativity. Nothing positive comes from being negative, but it’s really hard to be positive when you don’t even believe in yourself. Becoming and being self-confident goes a long way in putting an end to negativity. Self-confident people are positive because they’re optimistic, hopeful, and have faith things will have bright and positive outcomes. They know how to make lemonade from the worst of lemons.
- Confident people are on a road of self-discovery, growth, and knowledge. Success comes to those who invest in themselves—to people who invest in their growth and development. Investing in your success means knowing, growing, and improving who you are. Success requires you to be the best person you can be. Success requires you to live up to your potential. Self-confident people are in hot pursuit of their potential.
What’s holding you back from developing your self-confidence and reaching a new level of success? Contact me and I’ll see how I can help!
More from my site